Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Posting photos!


For the past 10 days, I have been going through my photos from my trip. Memory card after memory card, up late then up early, filtering the good photos from the bad.

When I find a photo I like, I crop, saturate, and then upload on to my website. I try to keep my photos as authentic as the scene I captured. Anyone who is a photographer knows how time consuming it is editing thousands of photos.

But I'm nearly done and looking forward to having a life again. Please take a look at my website my clicking at my Brian Montalbo Photography banner above. Those who have been following my blog, can see photos that go along with the posts from my blog.

Eventually I'll add photos from my trip into the stories I posted on here. I would like to thank everyone who followed my adventures and gave me feed back and comments. It was an exhausting trip with many ups and downs, but knowing that people were reading my blog kept me motivated to document a place that is unique in the world.

The last seven months took me from the glaciers of Iceland through the jungles of western Africa, down to the southern most point in Africa. I got arrested in Mali, held up by machete gorilla trekking in Nigeria, managed to avoid getting malaria, I dodged the many poisonous snakes and spiders, and most of all, got my cameras and memory sticks back home, in one piece.

If I motivated you in anyway to go out and live life to the fullest, plan a vacation yourself, or realize that life is about the memories and experiences you make, and not the materialistic junk that we tend to accumulate, than I did my job. There is a huge world out there, changing faster than you can ever imagine. Go out there and soak it up before you find yourself regretting that you never followed your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo at the head of this post. Did you end up with a mouth full of sand?! Hope you're having fun out in Bristol Bay. I recently did a kayak trip from Valdez to Whittier and ran into a TON of fishermen near Ester Island. I snapped a few photos of the boats that reminded me of your photos from last year.

    ReplyDelete